Are you a Visual Learner?
Distance education can accommodate the visual learner. Visual learners learn and study best by seeing. Processing information on a computer screen via videos and discussion boards allows the visual learner to see the content as computer images. Think you might be a visual learner? Read on to learn more!
Qualities of a Visual Learner
Visual learners often:
- Have a strong sense of color
- Follow written directions well
- Process oral information slowly
- “Translate” word messages into pictures or images
- Use mental pictures to remember things
- Use visual representations, such as diagrams, videos, or graphs, to understand ideas
- Remember something by seeing it
- Conjure up the image of a form by seeing it in the “mind’s eye”
- Get impatient when extensive listening is required
- Prefer to take notes or draw pictures to absorb information
- Learn better after seeing something on the computer screen or writing something
Want more? Check out study strategies for visual learners!
Does this sound like you? Can you relate to the qualities that describe a visual learner? If several of these qualities describe you, you may be a visual learner! Share your comments below!